Tuesday, March 5, 2013

"Broccomole" (Creamy Broccoli Dip)

I saw a recipe for this on Pinterest and immediately went to boil some broccoli (which I conveniently had on hand and wanted to use up)  You can look at the original recipe here.  What a great idea! I changed it up a little to make it imitate my regular guacamole recipe a bit more.  It was quite tasty and I'll definitely be making more broccoli dips in the future- I'm thinking Italian-themed might be next.



What you need:

4 cups fresh Broccoli, cut into chunks
2 teaspoons Olive Oil
6 ounces fat-free Cream Cheese (or Greek yogurt)
2 teaspoons Lemon Juice
1-2 Garlic cloves
1-2 tablespoons Onion, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh Cilantro
1-2 teaspoons Chili Powder

Boil the broccoli in a large pot of lightly salted water until very tender (think the overcooked mush that is a bit appealing at the dinner table).  Drain and place in blender or food processor.  Add the rest of the ingredients and puree.  Enjoy with dippers of choice.

*After eating a good bit of this, I had the idea to stir in a bit of store bought salsa (mine was mango habanero) to add a little kick... delicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment