Sunday, April 8, 2012

Baby Bok Choy Slaw

I got the idea for this from this recipe: http://thecozyapron.com/cozy-cameo-pass-the-bok-choy-greens-and-my-skinny-jeans-please/.

It looked really tasty, but a little too much oil for my taste.  Besides, I can't help deviating from a recipe even when it sounds delicious to start.  So here is my version.  It was a lovely side for this Asian-flavored pork tenderloin and eggplant dish I made.



What you need:

2-3 heads baby bok choy, rinsed and thinly sliced
1 small onion, thinly sliced
small handful of mild peppers, thinly sliced
1 inch cube fresh ginger, peeled and grated
1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
zest of one orange, plus the juice from half of it
pinch of salt
2-3 teaspoons sesame oil
1 teaspoon black pepper
2-3 teaspoons chili-garlic sauce
1-2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds (you can buy the seeds already toasted, but I really recommend doing it yourself to really bring out the flavor

Mix everything but the sesame seeds together and refrigerate for at least an hour, but longer is better.  Add the sesame seeds just before serving.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment