Friday, September 28, 2012

Cauliflower "Breadsticks"


Saw these on a low carb blog and wanted to give 'em a try. I keep meaning to do the cauliflower pizza crust thing, but never end up getting to it.  Here's a compromise.

To be honest, they did not turn out quite like I expected and definitely stuck to the pan.  But they were tasty and pretty healthy, and I'm pretty sure I'll make them again.  I just need to get a food processer when I get off Saba and that will make it a lot easier.




What you need:

One (small to medium) head of cauliflower
2 eggs
1/4 cup shredded cheese ( I used a "pizza" blend- I would have used either low-fat mozzarella or cheddar or low fat anything if they had it here)
2 Tablespoons fat-free Greek yogurt
Salt (maybe a teaspoon?), pepper to taste, dried oregano, garlic powder


Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.  Grease a 13 x 9 pan with olive oil cooking spray (or maybe a full coating of olive oil- mine stuck pretty badly).  Cut the core out of the cauliflower and purree the rest in a food processor or dice it REALLY finely by hand (which is what I did- messy, time-consuming, but possible, even for an impatient person like me).  Mix cauliflower and the rest of the ingredients and then press into pan.  Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until browned around the edges.  Then flip and bake for another ten minutes (at 400 degrees instead).  Cut into pieces and serve with a marinara sauce.

Enjoy!  (and don't stress if it fall apart a bit when flipping.  mine did too, but it was still tasty!)

No comments:

Post a Comment