Sunday, November 20, 2011

Super Healthy Veggie and Tuna Stir fry

A staple college lunch of mine that I should be making more often now!  It's quick, low calorie, filling, highly nutritious, and fairly cheap. 




For the Stir Fry:
1.5-2 cups chopped fresh vegetables (an example blend I use: 1/4 cup onion, 3/4 cup eggplant, 1/4 cup mushroom, 1/4 cup bell pepper.  Also try zucchini, celery, cabbage, hot peppers, bok choy)
Cooking spray or small amount of olive oil
Sprinkle of Salt
Garlic Powder, Black Pepper, Cumin, Coriander- I put these in order of what I use the most of to least, but switch it up according to your own preferences
1 5 ounce can of chunk light tuna in water
Soy Sauce

Saute the veggies in a lightly greased frying pan with the sprinkle of salt (this helps the vegetables cook down).   As they cook, add the other spices to your taste (since this is just one serving, I usually go with a sprinkle of each, heavier on the garlic than the others).  When the veggies have softened and slightly browned, add the can of tuna, undrained, and a splash of soy sauce.  Cook until heated through, about 1-2 minutes.  Serve on top of a bed of lettuce, tomato, cucumber, and, if desired.  Sometimes I will also add a drizzle of this ginger-wasibi sauce I like to buy and also garnish with fresh cilantro.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment