Saturday, February 18, 2012

Sesame-Crusted Seared Tuna with Tahini-Yogurt-Soy Dipping Sauce

Delicious!  Tuna is one of my favorite things to eat and the sauce that I made to go with it this time made it even better!




What you need for the Tuna:

1 6-ounce Ahi Tuna Steak
Sesame seeds
Salt, Pepper
Olive Olive Spray (or maybe try sesame oil or chili oil- I used olive oil because that's what I have)

Dry the tuna with a paper towel.  Lightly coat it with oil spray and then season with salt and pepper.  Sprinkle both sides heavily with sesame seeds.  Let sit for a few minutes.  Heat saucepan on high and coat with oil spray.

What you need for the Tahini-Yogurt-Dipping Sauce:

1 tablespoon wasabi ginger sauce
1 teaspoon hot soy sauce
2 tablespoon plain yogurt (I used fat-free, which was great.  You could also try full-fat for a creamier sauce)
2 teaspoons tahini paste
1-2 teaspoons garlic powder
A bit of black pepper and red pepper flakes (if you like a little extra heat)

NOTE:  These ingredients are just what I had on hand.  You could try switching things around a bit using the same flavors and I'm sure it would turn out great.  For example, skip the wasabi ginger sauce and just use plain soy sauce, wasabi powder, ginger (fresh or powdered), and then the yogurt, tahihi, garlic, and pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment