Monday, October 29, 2012

Pan-fried Red Snapper

This is pretty simple, but still tasty.  I paired it with a Chipotle Vegetable Soup and a served it with a little bottled McCormick's Cajun Seafood Sauce, because I didn't feel like making my own sauce (I like sauce on EVERYTHING. Rob ate his just with lemon).  Next time I think I'll get more creative and make up some sort of awesome homemade sauce to put on it, but the bottled stuff wasn't half bad.

I made three fillets because I was making this for two and also wanted a some leftover.  Just adjust everything a bit if you want to make more or less.



What you need:

3 (6 oz) Red Snapper Fillets, cut in half
1/2 cup flour
Garlic Powder, Black Pepper, Cajun Seasoning, Salt
Olive oil
Lemon wedges, for serving

Take fillets out of the fridge about 20 minutes before cooking.  Pour flour onto a plate and mix in the seasonings (I used about 2 teaspoons garlic powder, 1 teaspoon black pepper, 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning, and a hefty pinch of salt).  Dry fillets on a paper towel and then dredge in flour, shaking off excess.  Heat 1-2 teaspoons of olive oil in a saucepan over high heat.  Place 3 pieces of fish, non-skin side down, into the pan.  Cook for 2 minutes, or until beginning to blacken, and then flip and cook for another 2 minutes. When fish is done, it should flake with a fork.  Repeat with other three pieces of fish, adding a little more oil to the pan for this second batch.  Serve with lemon wedges.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment