Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Roasted Red Pepper Chipotle Sauce

This sauce is pretty yummy, and doesn't need to be limited to crabcake use.  I even put some on top of the Cucumber Leek Avocado Soup that I made along with the crab cakes for dinner.  I made basically the same Crab Cakes that I posted before (except I subbed regular onion for green onion and actually refrigerated them for a bit after shaping and before frying, which helps them hold together better).  They were wonderful again (I mean look at that picture.. how can it NOT be delicious?)




My attempts at photography were unsuccessful when I was taking a picture of the sauce by itself, so I've just posted some of it on top of the crab cakes and the soup.





Here's what you need:
1/4 EACH fat-free cream cheese, light mayo, and low-fat yogurt.  Or adjust quantities to your liking, I usually go with a little more yogurt and a little less mayo.  
1 teaspoons EACH lemon juice and worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon garlic paste (you can usually find this cheap at Asian Groceries, or just use roasted garlic or garlic powder)
2-3 tablespoons chopped roasted red pepper (I used the jarred stuff, but homemade would be even better)
1 chipotle pepper from the can plus a little of the adobo sauce
2-3 tablespoons diced onion

Mix everything in a small container and use an immersion blender to puree.  Or blend it up in the blender or food processor.  Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving to let flavors meld.  Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment